Dr. Ali Tinazli
Ph.D. in Biochemistry
ACCOMPLISHED STRATEGIC BUSINESS LEADER & VISIONARY THOUGHT LEADER | BIOMEDICAL INDUSTRY
❖ Highly motivated and experienced business professional with expert proficiency in coordinating targeted business strategy and operational excellence for highly successful Fortune 100 organizations seeking to enter the biomedical industry, including Sony and HP; skilled in managing product development and sales to deliver solid results in complex global organizations, including Fortune 100 companies entering the Healthcare vertical.
❖ Uniquely positioned as a thought leader and subject matter expert at the intersection of consumer technologies and healthcare, with over a decade of experience. Extensive technical expertise, having worked with industry leaders in the biomedical vertical to commercialize technologies and miniaturize platforms with microfluidics core technologies in Life Sciences and in vitro diagnostics.
❖ Skilled in managing ongoing business planning processes while developing strategies to meet future challenges; experienced in the leadership of major initiatives focused on process improvement and improved compliance and risk management.
❖ Well versed in the ability to visualize and communicate broad situations and devise and execute focused strategies through exceptional leadership, with a command of the details necessary to ensure the successful resolution of complex issues.
❖ Regarded for the ability to deliver outstanding results with the highest degree of expertise and professionalism. International executive with fluency in four languages, with dual citizenship in the United States and Germany.
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
▪ Strategic Business Planning
▪ Revenue Growth
▪ In Vitro Diagnostics
▪ Global Environments
▪ Noted Key Note Speaker/Author
SELECTED CAREER ACHIEVEMENTS
▪ Business Development ▪ Technology Innovation ▪ Strategic Partnerships
▪ FLUXERGY, INC. Built commercial strategic roadmap and successful relationships with premier clinical partners (e.g. Mass General Brigham). Brought company’s first CE-IVD-certified Point-of-Care diagnostic to market with distribution and B2B partnerships in Europe and Asia (March 2021).
▪ HEWLETT-PACKARD (HP INC.). Established the first enterprise-wide Healthcare and Life Sciences strategy from the ground up in a key executive role, integrating technologies, applications, Go to Market roadmaps, and financial performance metrics. Achieved board approval for HP’s entrance into healthcare (July 2019).
▪ HEWLETT-PACKARD (HP INC.). Invited to author the first article on healthcare in the corporate HP Innovation Journal, Blended Reality for Life. Additionally, invited as a panelist and keynote lecturer at commercial and academic events by e.g. Stanford University, MIT, the University of Cambridge, Personalized Medical World Congress, Alvarez & Marsal Healthcare Industry Group Leadership Conference, and Lux Executive Summit.
▪ SONY DADC BIOSCIENCES. Launched a global business unit dedicated to building next-generation tools for the life sciences, drug discovery and in vitro diagnostics market.
▪ SONY DADC BIOSCIENCES. Worked with industry leaders and start-ups in the biomedical vertical to commercialize technologies and miniaturize platforms in Life Sciences and in vitro diagnostics.
LIFESPIN, REGENSBURG, GERMANY (JUL, 2021 TO PRESENT) Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Leading company to its next growth phase and prepare for Series A financing round.
▪ Strategic positioning with clinical vetting of commercial roadmap for international business. ▪ Rebranding and state-of-the-art appearance for global visibility.
FLUXERGY, IRVINE, CA (OCT, 2019 TO JUN, 2021) Chief Commercial Officer (CCO)
Oversees all commercial operations, strategic planning, business development, sales, and strategic partnerships. Fulfills a critical leadership role at this high growth start-up enterprise.
▪ Bringing company’s first CE-IVD certified product in Point-of-Care diagnostics to market in Europe and Asia.
▪ Building corporate strategy for commercial roadmap of a healthcare testing ecosystem across human and animalhealthcare across care settings (acute/chronic/wellness).
▪ Establishing thought leadership and external communication plan (PR strategy).
▪ Authored corporate white paper and corporate deck to establish market positioning.
▪ Strategic business development with partner candidates across the healthcare testing continuumHP INC., PALO ALTO, CA (2015 TO SEPT, 2019) Senior Director – Head of Healthcare & Life Sciences Strategy, CTO Office
Fulfills a critical leadership role at this major enterprise technology corporation, directing company-wide global strategy governing the company’s initiatives in Healthcare and Life Sciences, with a focus on microfluidics-based Point of Care and Digital Health applications for discussion with C-level executives and the Board. Valued as an executive with experience working with complex, global, matrix organizations in Fortune 100 settings, with a winning combination of insight into consumer technologies and the healthcare industry.
▪ Credited with building the first Healthcare and Life Sciences strategy from the ground up, integrating technologies, applications, Go to Market roadmaps, and financial performance metrics.
▪ Collaborates with third parties and strategic partners to launch a new corporate venture dedicated exclusively to meeting the needs of the Healthcare industry with respect to diagnostics.
▪ Serves as an advisory member of HP Tech Ventures to assess the viability of investments in healthcare startup companies, fostering groundbreaking innovation.
▪ Rapidly achieved a reputation as a visionary thought leader, invited to author the first article on healthcare in the corporate HP Innovation Journal, Blended Reality for Life. Invited as panelist and keynote lecturer at commercial and academic events by e.g. Stanford University, MIT, the University of Cambridge, Boston University.SONY DADC BIOSCIENCES / SONY GROUP, BOSTON, MA (2008 TO 2015) A demonstrated record of success and achievement at this developer of a microfluidics/nanotechnology platform for life sciences and healthcare testing applications, marked by a series of promotions to positions of increased influence, authority, and accountability. Recognized for generating instant credibility, strategic success, and revenue, consistently delivering 150% of performance target.
2014 to 2015: Vice President – Head of Business Development & Sales Americas
Directed all facets of consumables in the Americas supporting in vitro diagnostics, life sciences, and drug discovery tools. Collaborated with industry leaders in the biomedical vertical to commercialize technologies and miniaturize platforms in Life Sciences and in vitro diagnostics.
▪ Exercised the authority to negotiate the key terms and conditions of agreements for joint product development and supply manufacturing with partners in the biomedical industry, including medical device manufacturers.
▪ Bolstered the visibility of the company and its products through marketing and trade show participation.
▪ Invited to speak and hold lectures by Stanford University, MIT and commercial medical diagnostics conferences.
▪ Key partnerships included DARPA, Harvard University (Wyss Institute), Singulex and Emulate, which was highlighted in The Economist.
2011 to 2014: Director – Head of Business Development & Sales Americas
Launched and managed the business development office in Cambridge, Massachusetts, partnering with corporations in the biomedical industry and start-up community to commercialize technology-based consumables products for North America markets, with a focus on Life Sciences tools and in vitro diagnostics.
▪ Negotiated and closed global business transactions with clients in the EU, United States, and Japan, while working with partners that included Singulex, Quanterix, Opko Diagnostics, and the Wyss Institute (Harvard University).
▪ Engaged in complex, multi-level sales and key account management.
▪ Led research to gain market intelligence on opportunities and threats in the biomedical industry.2010 to 2011: Senior Manager Business Development (San Francisco, CA and Salzburg, Austria)
Secured partnerships with technology and manufacturing companies to develop and launch innovations in the Life Sciences and in vitro diagnostics industries, forming collaborations with businesses in the EU, United States, and Japan that included Quanterix and RainDance Technologies.
▪ Engaged in pricing, forecasting, and mid-range planning; navigated the competitive landscape and engaged in market analysis to foster evidence-based, data-driven decision making.
2008 to 2010: Business Development Manager (San Francisco, CA and Salzburg, Austria)
Recruited to build and debut a business unit dedicated to building next-generation tools for the life sciences, drug discovery and in vitro diagnostics market. Credited with defining the corporate strategy that served as the foundation for the company’s penetration into the biomedical market, establishing a presence in North America. Valued for business intuition, coupled with deep scientific expertise.
▪ Produced immediate revenue through B2B partnerships with companies that included Caliper Life Sciences, RainDance Technologies, and Applied Biosystems.
▪ Navigated internal processes to secure ISO13485 certification. EARLY CAREER (2006/2007)Specialist Collaborations, Applied Biosystems (Now Thermo Fisher), Frankfurt, Germany and San Francisco, CA BOARD EXPERIENCE
Member of the Adivsory Board, Edico Genome Inc. (Acquired by Illumina), La Jolla/San Diego, CA Member of the Advisory Board, Fluxergy, Inc, Irvine, CA
Member of Board of Directors, Softhread LLC, Baltimore, MD
Angel Investor, migraine.ai LLC, Palo Alto, CA
Partner & Investor at Immunaccel Labs LLC, Philadelphia, PA
Partner & Investor, Immune3D LLC, Rockville, MD
Partner at Envisage Life Science Partners LLC, Rockville, MD
Advisory Board, Aptatek Biosciences LLC, Princeton, NJ
Member, Industrial Advisory Board at the University of Houston
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
J. W. GOETHE UNIVERSITY INSTITUTE OF BIOCHEMISTRY
Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Excellent with Highest University Honors (Summa Cum Laude)
Thesis: Development of nanobiotechnological tools for SPM-based fabrication of biofunctional protein nanoarrays on a generic protein chip platform
J. W. GOETHE UNIVERSITY INSTITUTE OF MOLECULAR BIOSCIENCES
Graduation in Biochemistry, Excellent with Highest University Honors
Thesis: Age-dependent transcription profiles of copper-regulated genes of the ascomycete Podospora anserina
Negotiations and Influence – University of California Walter A. Haas School of Business Corporate Strategy – Massachusetts Institute of Technology Sloan School of Management